Saturday, June 1, 2013

Happy News

Well, not much is going on this week. I'm on summer break until the end of June so I've been pretty bored lately. I'm trying to keep busy - gardening, reading, crocheting my first blanket, cooking new recipes, taking the dogs for extra walks - but man do I still have a lot of free times on my hands. Spare time is not your friend when you're in the TWW, but I think I'm doing okay so far. I don't have any "symptoms" to over-analyze yet so I'm not going crazy, I'm just really incredibly bored. Win?

On the bright side, I received two bits of good news this week. The first is that my third niece was born on May 28th! She is, overall, a very happy, healthy and beautiful little baby. I can't wait to meet her. She lives out of the country, but hopefully Seth and I will be able to visit his brother later this summer and spend some time with the baby. Being an aunt really is the greatest.

The second thing is that my sister asked me to be the godmother of my second niece, who was born last month on April 26th. Another happy, healthy and beautiful little girl. I got to spend a few days with her before I returned home (thinking I would be working during the first summer session) and I miss her so much already. Her baptism will be at the end of June. Because it's right before the holiday weekend, I'll get to make a nice week-long trip home. It will be so awesome to have the christening one weekend and then a 4th of July party the following weekend. Spending time with my family is pretty much my favorite thing to do and it's so exciting that my family just keeps growing and growing. Hopefully I'll be able to do my part soon!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment