Thursday, June 13, 2013

I Love Harry Potter

Harry Potter is without a doubt one of my top three favorite things ever (not including living things, of course). I always loved reading but discovering the Harry Potter books took my love to a whole new level. I first heard about Harry Potter right after The Goblet of Fire was released. I guess I was 15 at the time. One of my younger cousins was reading it and he explained the basic story line and it seemed pretty cool to me. It turned out that my sisters had a copy of The Sorcerer's Stone so I started reading it that very night and I was hooked.

Throughout high school and college, I read the first four books over 15 times each. I stopped counting after that. Waiting for the new books to be released and picking them up at the midnight release parties are some of my favorite memories. I'm sure it may seem lame to many people, but the Harry Potter books got me through some not-so-pleasant times of my life.

When I met Seth, he had never read any of the books. I encouraged him to read them and it was so much fun to go through it all again with him. We even walked down the aisle at the end of our wedding ceremony to "Hedwig's Theme" from the Harry Potter movies. If/when we have a baby, Seth agreed that we could have a (vaguely) Harry Potter themed nursery! As if he had a choice. Some day, I hope to read the books again with my children. It's one of the things I'm most looking forward to.

Here's Bear dressed up as Harry Potter for his first Halloween in 2011.
On his official AKC registration certificate his middle name is "Harry Potter".
So, that said - you can only imagine how excited I am that Seth and I are planning a trip to Universal Studies in Orlando to visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I am so ridiculously pumped. Everything I've seen online and everything I've heard from people who have visited make it look and sound so awesome.

Right now is the perfect time too. It's not something I would be able to fully enjoy if I were pregnant because I wouldn't be able to go on the rides. I have been obsessing over the whole laparoscopic surgery vs. IUI thing and I think having a trip planned will help me to stop stressing about everything for now. Seth and I could really use a break. All of this fertility stuff has been really stressful. We've been handling it very well so far, but I know this type of thing could really take a toll on our relationship if we're not careful. I don't want that to happen. No matter what, I don't want this to tear us apart. I think it will be so nice and helpful to do something fun and relaxing together. We haven't take a trip alone together since our honeymoon, so I think this is the perfect way to celebrate our second wedding anniversary.

I'm so happy to have something like this to look forward to! Of course I'll still be bummed if I don't get pregnant this month but visiting Harry Potter World seems like the best consolation prize to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment