Sunday, June 16, 2013

Ahhh...

We had SUCH a nice weekend. It was so relaxing. Exactly what we needed.

On Friday, my cousin P and his wife K came to visit. They're such a great couple and it was so nice to spend time with them. We only get to see each other once or twice a year. P and I both moved away from our hometown so we're hardly ever in the same place at the same time. It was great to catch up with them and spend time with some of my family.

Luckily, the weather was beautiful this weekend! After two weeks of almost daily rain, we had two gorgeous days. We spent all afternoon at the beach on Saturday, tried a new beachfront restaurant for lunch, and then invited some friends back to our house to hang out by the pool.

A perfect day.

Honestly, I'm feeling so much better than I was feeling last week. I had a rough couple of days. Too much time scouring the internet for information about laparoscopies and IUIs. It was so great to just shut off that part of my brain and enjoy the moment.

Seth and I are already planning to go to the beach again next Saturday. We live so close that we could walk to the beach but we hardly ever go. I don't know why. I guess I just feel like it's more convenient to stay at home by the pool with my pups, but I think it's good for me to get out of the house now that I'm not working as much.

So, my new goal for this week - find something to do on weekdays to keep me relaxed and occupied!

No comments:

Post a Comment