Thursday, April 24, 2014

Follie Scan #4...One more day

Sorry this has been especially boring lately. I'm in data acquisition and recording mode. Focusing on the science and the facts helps me to stay relaxed. I need to save up my emotional stamina for next week.

Everything is still looking good I guess. I had a few follies jump ahead of the others, but overall they're still in a pretty close pack.

Right Side: 18.9, 17.9, 16.0, 15.4, 15.4, 15.0, 14.9, 14.8, 14.5, 14.3, 14.0, 12.8
Left Side: 17.2, 16.4, 16.1, 15.6, 15.6, 15.4, 15.2, 15.0, 14.8, 14.7, 13.9, 13.9

24 in total with 14 within 5 mm of the lead. My nurse said that the others are close enough that there is a great chance that they'll catch up by the time we get to retrieval day. Either way, it's a great batch and still much better results than we had last cycle.

Follicle Size
IVF #2
IVF #1
19

X X
18
X

17
X X
X
16
X X X
X
15
X X X X X X X X
X X X
14
X X X X X X X
X X X X X
13
X, X
X X
12
X
X X X X

That's my stim day 9 table. Day 9 was trigger day last time. We got 12 eggs which maybe could be the 12 biggest. I think that's the assumption behind looking for the ones within 5 mm of the lead (because they trigger when you have a bunch in the 16-20 mm range). So that's why we're so happy that they're growing at a more uniform rate. 

Quantity is great, but quality is probably more important and that was my other issue with IVF #1. One of Dr. M's hopes was that this protocol (and the more uniform growth) would help me get some better quality eggs. The other thing he mentioned was that maybe we could wait one more day before we trigger - that's what we're doing now. I have more dominant follicles than I did last time on day 9, but he decided to give me one more day of stims and we will probably trigger tomorrow. I hope this plan doesn't backfire.

I'm finally starting to get nervous. This was the "easy" part. Now is the time when things can start to go really wrong. I have so many fears - what if I ovulate early (WTF is that pain that I'm feeling now?), what if the eggs are too mature, what if the follicles are empty, what if they don't fertilize normally, what if the embryos arrest, what if they go to shit on day 3 again?

Two more days. I just need to get through two more days and then it will be out of my hands and all I can do at that point is pray.

IVF #2 Progress Report
Status: Stimulation phase
Meds: 150 Menopur, 75 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, doxycycline
E2: 3214
Lining: 10.8
Side effects: Hunger and weird pains that better not have anything to do with ovulation

1 comment:

  1. FX that everything continues to go smoothly. I really hope this cycle is it for you <3

    ReplyDelete