Saturday, April 19, 2014

Follie Scan #1

Today is stim day 4 and I went in for my first follie scan this morning. So far, so good!

I had the ultrasound first. The nurse started on my left side, took a quick peek, and then moved over to the right side and started taking measurements. I started to worry immediately because my left ovary is my bad side and it was "sluggish" last cycle. To my relief, she returned to the left side at the end and started clicking away. Thank goodness!

After having my blood drawn, I got to speak to the nurse and she printed out my progress report for me. Here the details:

AFC: 29!! (My previous counts were 14, 16, and "at least 17" so this was a nice surprise.)
Right Side: 8.0, 7.2, 6.9, 6.5, 6.5, 6.5, 6.0, 5.9, 4.7, 3.7
Left Side: 8.1, 7.3, 6.8, 6.8, 6.3, 6.0, 5.0, 5.0, 4.5, 4.2, 3.3, 3.0
Lining: 4.8
E2: 337

Look at my left side kicking ass! I am so pleased with how it looks so far. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to compare my progress to last cycle or not but I can't help it. I mean we changed protocols in hopes of getting a different response so it makes sense to compare, right? Well, on day 4 of IVF #1 I had 16 measurable follicles and they ranged from 3-11 mm, but only 4 were within 2 mm of the the lead follicle. This time I have 22 measurable follicles and 14 of them are within ~2 mm of the lead follicle. 14! So far, the growth is much  more uniform than it was last cycle and I know that was one of our goals for this cycle so I'm really, really happy.

Now I'm just waiting to get the results of my blood work, instructions for tonight, and next scan appointment. Nurse Jacki said they might start bringing me in every day, but I hope I don't have to go in tomorrow. Seth and I are planning to go out for Easter Sunday brunch tomorrow!

I hope that everyone has a great weekend and nice holiday!

IVF #2 Progress Report
Status: Stimulation Phase - Day 4
Meds: 150 Menopur, 150 Gonal-F, Doxycycline
Side Effects: Soreness in ovaries and lower back, heartburn from the doxy

5 comments:

  1. Yay for a great first follie scan!!! Hopefully things continue to go well and this is your cycle!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great first scan! And go lefty go!! I have everything crossed for you!!! <3

    ReplyDelete