Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Follie Scan #3

Same shit, different day. I'm getting tired of these 7:00 AM monitoring appointments. Or more specially, I'm getting tired of the 1.5 hour round trip drive. Between this and my commute to work and the lovely south Florida traffic, I feel like I spend all day in the car. It makes me sooo sleepy.

Anyway, things are still looking pretty good! Today I have 23 follicles between ~11 and 16 mm. I hope that somewhere in there we have a good quality egg or two. Or 23. Here's my table for today:

Follicle Size
IVF #2
IVF #1
18

X X
17


16
X

15
X X X X
X X X X X
14
X X X X X X X X

13
X X X X
X X X
12
X X
X X X
11
X X X

10
X
X X X

Everything is still nice and close to my lead follicle. At my WTF meeting, Dr. M told me that he would review everything carefully when my follicles got to around ~14 mm and he was also going to talk to the lab director. He called me today to let me know that he's keeping a very close eye on me and that he's very happy with my progress. I'm glad that he took the time to call me himself. It was very reassuring.

My estrogen level is still getting pretty high. It's about the same as it was when we triggered last cycle, but this time we're working with so many more decent sized follies. I spoke with the nurse today and she told me that they're not worried about me yet, but if it gets too high they will consider using a different trigger. For now, I'm continuing with the same dose of meds (we dropped to 75 IU of Gonal F yesterday) and finally adding the Cetrotide tonight. Next follie scan is tomorrow at - surprise - 7:00 AM!

IVF #2 Progress Report
Status: Stimulation phase
Meds: 150 Menopur, 75 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, doxyfuckingcycline
E2: 2157
Side Effects: Hunger

2 comments:

  1. Look at all those follies!! Glad things seem to be moving alone so nicely! I am crossing all my crossables for you!!! <3

    ReplyDelete