Saturday, January 11, 2014

Injection Day!

Today is my first day of injectable meds. This evening, I'll start taking 10 units of Lupron and I'll keep that up for the next 10-14 days. I'm excited to get started. Everyone tells me that the anticipation is worse than the actual injection and I believe them. My imagination has been running wild since I thought I needed to use the giant needle, but I think once the first shot is done I'll be able to relax a bit. Plus, it feels good to be moving on to the next step and making progress. I'm very much less excited about experiencing the side effects of these drugs, but it's part of the deal that I signed up for.

It seems like ROAR is the go-to song for pumping people up during the IF process. While it is definitely on my pick-me-up playlist, it's not really my pump-up style. If we're being totally honest (which we always are), this is what has been playing in my head over and over again since I picked up my meds:


I have no idea why. I haven't watched this movie in years, but this is what I think about when I think about giving myself the injections. This is more my style. I'll probably watch it a couple of times before I give myself the first shot tonight. I could probably inject myself with the horse needle after watching that.

2 comments:

  1. Yay, I hope your first injection went smoothly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pump you up scene! I love that movie, and now I need to watch it again soon! I hope the injects go easily and smoothly for you! I'm rooting for you!!!

    ReplyDelete