Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Follie Scan #3

Follie scan #3 and my pre-op appointment were this morning. These were my results:

Left Ovary: 15.1, 13.5, 13.1, 12.7, 12.4, 12.0, 10.2, 10.2
Right Ovary: 18.6, 18.1, 15.6, 15.4, 15.1, 15.0, 13.5, 10.9
Lining: 8.9
E2: 1640

The ultrasound nurse said that my left ovary looked "sluggish". Boo. They're going to keep me on the same dose of meds to try to get all of those 12-15's to catch up. This nurse said that they like to see a bunch of follicles between 16-21 mm on trigger day, but another one said 18-20 mm so I'm not really sure what to think. It sounded like they expect my egg retrieval to be on Sunday or Monday, which is a day later than their guess on Monday. If it means a better chance of getting a bunch of decent eggs, I can live with a few more days of stimming. I'm worried that we're going to end up with a lot of those follies being either immature or too mature/old but I just need to keep telling myself A) I only need one and B) worrying isn't going to change a thing.

I'm starting to notice a little discomfort. It still doesn't feel much different than a regular cycle to me. It's a lot like endo pain, but less severe. I'm am feeling a little more fullness though. I can't suck in my pouch at all.

The only other negative side effect that I've noticed is that I'm looking really rough lately. I don't know if it's from the nerves or from not sleeping as well, but I look like hell. If Madmartigan and David Bowie as the Goblin King had a baby, it would like me.


That's what I look like in the morning when I wake up and then again by the time I'm ready for bed. I could use a haircut and some Botox. Hopefully I'm the only one who notices though. This week, three different people told me I looked too young to be a professor, so I must not be as aging as much as I think I am. I still want the Botox.

IVF #1 Progress Report
Status: Stimming, day 8
Lupron: 5 units
Stims: No change - 150 Menopur and 150 Gonal-F
E2: 1640
Follies: 16 measurable
UL: 8.9 mm
Side Effects: Aging and puffy belly






6 comments:

  1. I think your cycle is looking great! FX for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Twinkie! I appreciate the reassurance :)

      Delete
  2. 16 measurable at this point is great! It seems like they're mostly growing pretty evenly (more so than mine did) so I think that's a very good thing! FX love!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have everything crossed for you, wishing you so much luck!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! I find it hard to believe you look as rough as you describe!
    I have my fingers crossed that everything works out! Go ovaries, go!

    ReplyDelete