Thursday, January 23, 2014

Game on!

Yesterday I went into the office for my baseline appointment. Everything looked great (and my AFC was 18 - I hoped there might be a few hiding!), but I was worried that I wouldn't be ready to start stimming because I didn't start a new cycle yet. Luckily, yesterday turned into CD1! I called the nurse back in the afternoon and she told me we could start the stimulation phase!

I'll be starting off with 150IU of Menopur and 150IU of Gonal-F, plus 5 units of Lupron. I was really nervous about this injection because A) I have to mix it myself and B) the needle is a tiny bit bigger than the Lupron needle. I stressed way more than I needed to about the mixing part. It's really easy, but I just can't help freaking out that I'm missing a step or miscounting or something so I have to quadruple check everything. Then as soon as the injection is done I start doubting myself.

Anyway, I think that I did okay. Injecting the needle was pretty painless and I didn't really have too much burning with the solution injection, but it was definitely weird. I didn't really care for the pressure of the medicine going in so it was kind of a mental battle to force myself to keep going. I'm sure it will be easier next time. Hopefully. Puppy snuggles make everything better afterwards anyway.
I have the sweetest nurses in the world.
So that's the plan for the next two days. On Saturday morning, I'll go back in for my first monitoring appointment!

I'd also like to say that I'm really grateful for all of the advice and support I've received so far. This whole process has been really nerve-racking for me, but it's been really helpful to have so many people willing to share their experiences and well-wishes. Thank you all!

IVF #1 Progress Report
Status: Stimulation Phase!!
BCPs: Done
Lupron: 5 units
Stims: Menopur and Gonal-F (150 IU each)
Other: Doxycycline (yuck)
Side Effects: Bad headaches since stopping BCPs. Eating seems to help.








3 comments:

  1. Love this! I so know what you mean about quadruple checking and then doubting yourself after, sounds familiar! You are a bad ass warrior, I knew you had this! I have everything crossed for you, lady!!! And I so want to pile on that couch and snuggle in!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Nice AFC by the way! I'll be blog stalking you closely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 <3 Yay for stimming! FX for the follie scan on Sat! Also, I'm happy to see it's only 5 units of Lupron. I had a hard time with the Lupron (bad headaches) but I was on 20iu so hopefully that amount won't give you any side effects!

    PS: I love your dogs. They are HUGE, haha!

    ReplyDelete