Monday, January 6, 2014

Back to School

Today was my last day of break. Waaahhhh!

Really, though, I'm pretty lucky. I've been off since December 17th. That's not a bad deal. I'm excited about my new classes too. And I only have one day of classes before 11 AM. AND one of my classes doesn't start until the last week of January so I still get two days off for a few more weeks. Teaching at a college is pretty awesome. It's like being a student, but better because I'm getting paid.

The other cool thing is that since I usually don't have morning classes, I'll have plenty of time for all of my monitoring appointments in a few weeks. Bonus - there is a satellite office less than a mile from my campus so on class days I can go to that office for the basic monitoring appointments.

Not much else to report IF-wise. We're still waiting to hear back about Seth's infectious disease and genetic testing, but I don't anticipate any problems with that. I've already had some basic genetic testing and I'm not a carrier for anything so unless he's got something really rare, we'll probably be okay.

On Saturday, I received a call telling me that my drugs were ready to be picked up. It was quite a bit more than I expected because instead of just using Gonal-F (for which I have a 50% discount), I'll also be taking Menopur which ends up being more than half the total bill. Oh well. If this is what Dr. M thinks will give us the best shot, then this is what we'll do. Wednesday is my day off so I'm going to head back to the pharmacy to pick everything up so that it's ready for when I start Lupron on Saturday. I'm excited to stock my IVF station!

For now, I'm on day 8 of BCPs and it's been pretty uneventful. I think that's the way it's supposed to be so I'm good with that.

2 comments:

  1. Eeek! I'm so excited for you to get started! All my crossables are crossed for you, love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you!! I am praying that this will be your cycle, lady!!! <3

    ReplyDelete