Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Time Out

So today was actually CD1. Usually my period starts within a few hours of the spotting, but this time I had 2 or 3 days of just spotting first. It happened last cycle as well so maybe that's my new thing. Anyway - today I called the nurse, Justine, to let her know what was going on and she said that the hospital would call me to schedule my blood work. I really hope Justine will be there on the day of the surgery because she's awesome.

My surgery will be on August 8th, which will be CD10. Even though I have ovulated on CD10 and two out of my last three ovulation days have been CD11, Justine said I don't need to go on birth control pills.  We'll just use other precautions before surgery. I guess I'm relieved about that. I don't want to mess up my cycles anymore than I need to. Let's just do the surgery and try to get back on track as soon as possible.

Since we're going to miss my FW anyway, I decided not to chart this cycle. What's the point? This will then first time in 33 cycles that I won't be charting. It's the first month in 15 cycles that we won't be TTC. What am I going to do with all of this freedom?!?!?

No early alarm on the weekends!!! Or on any of my days off!

I can pee whenever I want!!! I don't need to try to hold it for three plus hours.

I can have more than one drink (but never four or more in one sitting) without worrying if it's going to fuck up my temperature!

I can take the good pain relievers (like Aleve or Motrin) whenever I want!

Sure, I bummed about the surgery and I'm bummed that we're missing a cycle but I'm going to make the best of it. Starting with this guy:

There's nothing better than wheat beer in the summer (spring, winter, or fall).,

2 comments:

  1. Hope you surgery goes well! Love your silver lining! LOL enjoy the advil and beer! Woohooo freedom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how odd it feels to put down the thermometer after months of charting! Way to see the silver lining, like doodmama said! Enjoy all the booze and painkillers you want (but hopefully won't need much of the latter :P)!

    ReplyDelete