Saturday, July 6, 2013

Bummed, Again

Well, it's officially cycle day 1 of cycle 13 and our 12th month TTC. I knew it was coming. I've had cramps for days and spotting since Thursday night, but it still stings.

As if it that wasn't bad enough,  I got some more bad news yesterday. I've been trying to get in touch with my RE's triage nurse, Justine, since Monday to talk about scheduling the laparoscopic surgery. We kept missing each other, then there was the holiday, and then finally she called me yesterday afternoon. She was super nice and really helpful, but unfortunately she didn't have good news for me.

Dr. M likes to do the surgery between your period and ovulation. Since I have short cycles, that really only gives us a window of about a week, usually even less than that. Assuming I don't get pregnant, I should get my period around July 31st. The only days that Dr. M is currently available in August are the 1st and the 29th. Unless I have a really fucked up cycle this time, neither of those days will work. August 1st will still be during my period and the 29th will be after I change my insurance. Justine told me not to worry, just go to my appointment with Dr. M on the 24th of July to see what he says and if he's still recommending that I have the surgery, I could probably do it with one of his partners. I'm not really sure about that. I picked Dr. M because he was recommended by my OBGYN but also because he operated on a close friend of mine and she had a really good experience with him. Surgery is a big fucking deal and I am really comfortable with Dr. M. I don't think I'll want to have the surgery with someone I don't know with only a few days notice.

I don't know where this leaves us. I guess my first step will be to get my insurance figured out. Now I need to be looking for plans that have good coverage for surgery in addition to the maternity coverage. This will be tough and really expensive, I'm sure, but I'm still holding out hope that we'll have better option available in October. If not, my emergency back-up plan is to move home to PA a little bit earlier than I planned and get an insurance plan there. It's much more affordable than FL.

Ah well. For now, I just need to focus on some positives I guess.

1) It's a new cycle - a fresh start and another chance. I really felt good about my change to vaginal temping and digital OPKs, so that's giving me a little bit more hope than usual. At least I feel like I'm doing something different. Seth and I also agreed to cut out alcohol almost completely this cycle, at least around ovulation and during the TWW. I don't really think it's an issue for us, but it never hurts to be a bit more healthy.

2) We can go to Harry Potter World next weekend! I think we're going to book it today.

3) My family's annual 4th of July party is today and if I want to enjoy a few drinks, I can! The no-alcohol rule doesn't apply today. Although, my cramps are pretty bad so I may not feel like drinking anyway.

4) WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment