Here's how The Stork Award works:
1. Add the avatar for the award in your blog pos
2. Link to the blog that nominated you
3. Answer the ten questions given to you
4. Nominate other bloggers.
5. Ask your nominees their ten questions.
6. Let your nominees know they've been awarded.
7. Put the award icon on your side bar if so inclined.
Questions from jaytee16:
1. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
I would like to be able to teleport or fly so that I could travel and visit my family easily.
2. List 3 of your best personality traits.
Compassionate, warm-hearted, and loyal
3. What’s the first thing you notice in the opposite sex?
A person's eyes are the first thing I notice. Not necessarily the color (though my favorite is green), I just notice whether they seem warm and alive or cold and empty.
4. What are 3 things on your bucket list?
This is tough because I feel like I'm really lucky and have been able to do and experience so many things already. Let's see...1) Have a baby/children - duh. 2) Own and renovate the shit out of a house. 3) Go hiking in the Himalayas - nothing intense and base-campy, just some foothill trekking.
5. Do you have any hidden talents?
Not really. I don't even know if I have any obvious talents. I guess I have a pretty good memory.
6. What is the best vacation you have ever taken?
I guess my favorite trip was when Seth and I went to Europe after I finished graduate school in 2009. We visited his father's home in Italy and then spent a few days in Switzerland and took a quick trip to France. It was amazing - the food was so fucking delicious and the scenery (especially in Switzerland) was unreal. Seth and I lived 1200 miles apart for the first 2.5 years that we dated, so it was also really nice to be able to spend so much time with him.
7. What's the best meal you've ever had?
Thanksgiving is my all-time favorite meal. My Gram is an awesome cook and everything she makes is sooo delicious! If we're talking one specific meal, then I would say it would be the time we tasted the menu for our wedding. They made mini portions of everything we served - filet mignon with three sauces, stuffed chicken, three types of pasta, three side dishes, three types of salads, three flavors of cake, and a bunch of appetizers!
8. What's the best gift you've ever given?
The gift I was most excited about giving was the computer that I bought for my dad last year. It was a combination birthday and Father's Day gift. My dad has worked so hard (sometimes four jobs at a time!) to give me and my sisters everything we have ever needed. He runs his own business now and his computer was really old and sucky. I knew he would never spend the money on himself so I surprised him with a new one. It felt really good to finally be able to do something big for him.
9. Aside from food, water, and shelter, what is one thing could you not go a day without?
If we're talking non-living things then I would have to say those little tooth floss picks. I am obsessed with flossing. It's an addiction. I suck at using dental floss so discovering the little floss picks was life-changing. I can't sleep without flossing my teeth. There are stashes in all of my bags and purses so that I can floss all day, every day.
10. In everyday life, what is your number one pet peeve?
The phrase "pet peeve" is one of my pet peeves. Also, I hate when people use the word legitimately when they mean literally.
My nominations for the Stork Award are:
1) Waiting for our Spark - This is my favorite new blog by my friend Becky. Thanks again for the Wawa surprise Becky!! You are one of the most thoughtful people I have met and I think you're incredibly strong and optimistic despite your struggles.
2) Lindsey and the Unicorn - (Baby in Blog warning - this is a success after IF blog, DX: unicornate uterus, hypothyroid) Lindsey is and will always be my favorite success after IF story! Her blog always reminds me that sometimes people really do beat the odds. Lindsey, you are an amazing friend, mother, and person in general. I will always be grateful for the advice and support you've given me over the past year and only I wish that I had known better how to support you when you were going through this yourself.
3) The Making of a Glow Worm - I'm a creepy stalker of this blog. Kris- I've always admired how you're willing to keep giving out good advice and kind words, first on TB and now on IDOB too. I wanted to send you the Stork Award in hopes that it brings you some good feelings and good luck before your FET next month!
Here are the 10 questions for my nominees (I'm also passing along the disclaimer that this is supposed to be fun as a way to get to know each other a little better so please don't feel pressure to do this if you don't want to or don't have time!)
1. What three words best describe you?
2. If you had to move to and live in a foreign country for 5 years, which country would you choose and why?
3. What's the last good book that you read?
4. What are some of your hobbies?
5. Are you more of an introvert or extrovert?
6. What's your favorite time of the year?
7. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
8. Would you rather go on a backpacking/camping trip or relax at a comfy resort?
9. Do you have a favorite quote or is there one that means something special to you right now?
10. What are your top 3 favorite songs right now?