Thursday, November 21, 2013

Thankful Thursday

One week until Thanksgiving!!! Woohoo! I can't wait. Less than one week until we fly home to see my family. I can't wait to see every body - it's been much too long for me.

Thankfully, this week wasn't as crappy as last week. Boring, maybe, but not crappy. This week I am thankful for:

1. The last lecture of the semester!
Monday was my last full lecture. We still have four more class meetings, but two will be reviews and two will be exams (3rd "midterm" and a final). Overall, I think my first semester went really well. I'm really, really enjoying my new job and I'm so happy that this first lecture was a success.

2. New Winter Term Schedule
I knew that I still had a job for the Winter Term (which is the Spring Semester at most other colleges as far as I know), but this week we made some changes to my schedule and I'm really happy about it. I'll be teaching five days a week so I can officially quit the lab job. I'll also be teaching two sections of a Geology lecture rather than the Earth Science course that I taught this semester. This is great because A) I prefer straight up Geology and B) it's a slightly more advanced class so there will be fewer students and typically these students are more interested in science. In the basic general education classes, most students just want to pass the class and move on so it's harder to get the interested and motivated.

3. Another 2WW!
I'm excited to be in another two week wait. We've done all that we can do and now there's no pressure. I think I'm only going to temp on days that I have to wake up anyway. That's what I did last month and it was definitely less stressful for me.

4. Arugula
I am so thankful for arugula. My sister and I watched a lot of Barefoot Contessa last week and I think she used arugula on every episode. It just looked so fucking delicious and I had to have it. First, I had a delicious arugula salad at the Cheesecake Factory and then I had to go out and buy two more bags. I've been making salads with arugula, golden raisin, almond slivers, shavings of fresh Parmesan, and homemade lemon vinaigrette. Fucking amazing. I may or may not have been licking the extra dressing out of the bowl.
Yum.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. I am going to try to figure out how to link blogs later this week and if I'm smart enough to figure it out, I'll link to yours. :)

    I am rooting for you! As sucky as it is, you've been my Endo mentor and I appreciate all of your advice!

    ReplyDelete