Sunday, July 13, 2014

13 weeks

Next check-in will be my first in the second trimester! Bonus - next week I'll also be going home to go on vacation with my family. Despite just finishing up the holiday weekend, I can definitely use a vacation. It was kind of a stressful week, but luckily nothing baby related and I'm sure the other stuff will be okay. More on that another time...

How far along: 13 weeks! Baby is the size of a peach - about 3 inches long. Although my baby was already measuring 13 weeks 1 day at the NT scan on Tuesday. Seth and I were both tall babies. 

Physical symptoms: Very tired and very sore, particularly in my hips and shoulders. I'm also having more of the endo-related butt pain this week. Yay.


Mood: I have to add this one because I've been a mess this week - crying at everything. Example - every time they play that song about going home on ESPN I cry because I'm not going home. Thank you, Le.Bron James.  
   
Total Weight Gain/Loss: +0.6 pounds. Still underweight, but my doctor expects me to "puff" by the time I see her again around 16 weeks.

Maternity clothes: Still don't need them, though I did buy a maternity tee/tunic to use as a cover-up for the beach.      

Stretch marks: Not yet.

Sleep: Eh. Some days are better than others, but I still wake up really sore.

Best moment of the week: Seeing our baby at the NT scan! He/she looked really good and it was so fun to see him/her moving around. I also love seeing Seth's reactions every time we see our baby.

Movement: Not yet. I can't wait!

Food cravings: Chicken nuggets and french fries and coke.

Sex: Don't know yet.

Labor signs: Not yet.

Belly button: Still in.

What I miss: Beer and a cold ham and mustard sandwich on a croissant from the French bakery.

What I am looking forward to: Vacation with my family, getting the results of the NT scan, and the anatomy scan.


Milestones: I don't know. Passing 12 weeks?

Bump Watch: My now un-toned stomach is starting to get more noticeable (at least to me), but I still don't have anything that resembles a baby bump yet.

12 comments:

  1. Congrats on being almost 2nd tri!! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fabulous!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooo! Yay for 2nd tri! You look fabulous! I hope you have a wonderful vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! I'm not even sure if I'm that skinny pre-pregnancy. I hope you have fun on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Second tri, woo hoo!! That's a serious milestone!! You look fantastic (I'm totally picturing you in 4" heels to get this pic!)! I hope you have a wonderful vacation, it will be so nice to see your family!! Lots of love to you and your peach! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks J <3 As a matter of fact, I am wearing my heels in that photo!

      Delete
  6. Yay 13 weeks! Have an awesome vacation!

    ReplyDelete