Monday, March 3, 2014

My "Furst" Baby

Today sucks.

About two weeks ago, I took Bear to the vet because he had a little bump on his head. We noticed it because it was bleeding, but it didn't look like just a regular cut. The vet said that it probably wasn't a big deal because it was small and it seemed to be just in the upper layer of his skin. She gave us so sort of cream and told us to come back in 7-10 days if it wasn't gone or better.

Well, it's not gone or better. It's still bleeding and the bump hasn't changed in size at all. We took him back this morning. The vet was surprised that it wasn't gone. She said that it's still possible that it's no big deal - it could be a wart or some other harmless skin thing. She was concerned that it wasn't healing though and mentioned two cancers - one malignant, one benign - and thought that we should remove it in case it's one of those. If it's the latter, no big deal - at least we removed it so it doesn't keep bleeding and get infected. If it's the first one, the malignant one...I can't think about that right now.

I'm so worried. Bear is my first baby. We went through all of that bullshit with his kidney and the surgeries when he was just 2.5 months old. Now he's only 2.5 years old and he might have cancer? The poor little guy hates the vet. He tries to sit in my lap as soon as we get in the exam room. Today he just kept his little face in my lap while the vet tried to get a biopsy (it was too small, unfortunately). I hate that we have to put him through more testing.
Binks didn't like when his brother was taken to the back room. He's a sweet boy too.
On Wednesday morning, I'm going to drop him off and they're going to try to remove it using just local anesthetic since he's such a good boy. I wish I could sit with him though. After that, we'll have to wait for the pathology report to come back. I hope that it doesn't take too long. There can't be something wrong with him. I need him to be fine.


Look at that little face. He's such a mama's boy. Please say a prayer for my little Bear!


12 comments:

  1. Oh, Annie. I am so sorry you are dealing with this. I am keeping everything crossed that once you have it removed all tests will come back fine. I know how absolutely heart breaking it is to see your pup sick and not feeling well. Hopefully the biopsy will not be too bad for him even though he hates the vet. I hate that you even have to worry about this. Sending you and Bear lots of good thoughts and positive juju. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending lots of love to your little baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers said for your sweet little Bear <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you're going through this. FX it's benign

    ReplyDelete
  5. :( prayers for your sweet fur baby. I'm sorry you are going through this. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Ana, I have Bear (and you, and YH and Binks) in my thoughts! I hope everything is okay <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry Ana. FWIW, my friends' lab had a big lump on his head that had to be removed - it turned out to be benign and had no serious effects or consequences. I will be praying for you and Bear that you will have the same happy ending. Sending lots of good vibes! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Annie, I'm so sorry. You & Bear will be in my thoughts. It's so hard to watch your babies suffer. <3 <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor Bear! I hope he'll be ok. I'll be thinking of you all and sending positive thoughts your way. <3

    ReplyDelete