So...we have poor quality embryos. They're still not really sure what to do about it. They're happy with my response to the meds so they don't want to change that. The only thing that they can think to do is to change the protocol. Next time (if we decide to cycle with them in April) we'll be skipping the Lupron and trying an antagonist protocol. In this protocol, I would still take the BCPs for 1-4 weeks, have a period, start stimming (Menopur and Gonal-F), and then add an antagonist (Ganirelix or Cetrotide) on day 4-6 of stims to prevent ovulation. They hope that this protocol will help my follicles grow and mature at the same rate. Last time, the follicles were growing at different rates so that on day 8 of stims I had 16 follicles ranging from 19.8 - 13 mm. Also, once my follicles reach 14 mm, Dr. M is going to sit down with the embryologist to make sure that everyone is on the same page about how to proceed for the rest of the cycle.
I'm not sure how I feel. I guess I'm glad that we're going to try something different. I'm definitely glad that they made some suggestions because now I can compare it to what the other doctor says when we go for the second opinion at the other clinic. Hopefully, they'll have the same ideas so that I feel more confident about staying with my current doctor. If not...we'll have some things to think about.
In other news, I think I'm in the 2WW.