Sunday, December 21, 2014

36 weeks - FOUR!!

How far along: 36 weeks 

Countdown to EDD: 4 weeks/28 days

Baby is the size of a: Honeydew. Baby is getting very close to being able to breathe on his own (or maybe he can already). Most organs are fully functional now.

Physical symptoms: Not too many, just very uncomfortable. My chest/upper bump is still sore and there's a lot more pressure on my crotch and butt.   


Mood: Good. Anxious.   

Total Weight Gain/Loss:  Forgot to check. I would guess somewhere between +20-25 lbs, so perfectly "normal".

Maternity clothes: Duh. Plus my yoga pants.    

Sleep: Still pretty good. Every now and then the baby gets into a position where it feels like he sinks to one side and that hurts, but otherwise I'm comfortable and sleeping well.

Best moment of the week: Every moment. I'm pregnant and Seth is off and we're getting so close to meeting our son. Even if it wasn't literally the week before Christmas, I think it would feel that way. I'm so happy and excited.

Movement: Still wild. He's really stretchy today.

Food cravings/aversions: Nothing new.

Sex: Boy

Labor signs: I have some pre-labor signs - at my appointment on Thursday, I was 60% effaced and dilated 1.5 cm. My doctor thought this looked good for where I am. I'm excited that I'm making progress but, of course, I hope he hangs out in there for a few more weeks.

What I miss: Being in control of my own body. Or maybe I mean being selfish with my own body. I just want to eat what I want and sit how I want for a little bit.

What I am looking forward to: Everything: time off with Seth, Christmas and our baby's arrival. Also, we're having maternity/family pictures taken today!

Milestones: 37 weeks - in one week, baby will be considered early-term instead of pre-term so that sounds important.


Showing yet: I can't go anywhere without people commenting on my bump and asking questions. I got my first "you look ready to pop" comment this weekend but I don't really care because I feel like I'm ready to pop. 

4 comments:

  1. From the swollen, puffy pregnant chic, you're an annoyingly beautiful pregnant lady, ya know that?? Lol. I mean that in the nicest way possible, you know I love you! Seriously you and your bump are just beautiful :)
    I can't believe how close you're getting! I loved your 'best moment of the week' part, I couldn't stop smiling. You deserve all this happiness and more, I couldn't be happier for you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So excited for you to meet your LO! I can't believe how close it is

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your perfectly cute bump - I really hope I'm that cute at 36 weeks! You are getting so close - I hope he stays put for a few more weeks at least but I cannot wait to "meet" him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bump looks SO adorable in this outfit! I love that you're getting so close and that you're happy and excited! I'm excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete