Sunday, August 24, 2014

19 weeks

Woohoo! 19 weeks! Only one more week until we reach the halfway point!

This was a good week. We started off with the great anatomy scan. Then yesterday, Seth and I went out to the baby stores to start thinking about what we will want and need. We picked our car seat and stroller and bought a few outfits for Baby. Seth is funny because he likes to know everything about everything - what do the sizes mean? Why do they need so many onesies? Why is the side-snap onesie better? There was a tense moment when I had to explain to that no, baby hats were not exactly necessary, but if Baby wanted to have some versatility with his outfits, he might want more than just the plain white hat. However, babies DO need little koala slippers and blanket!  
How far along: 19 weeks

Baby is the size of a: Mango. Baby should be about 6 inches long and 8.5 ounces. This might not be true. He was already measuring 6 inches at 18w1d and the doctor estimated that he was already 10 ounces! He also guessed that Baby would reach 1 pound in about two weeks (so one week from now).

Physical symptoms:  Not much going on this week.  


Mood: As usual, I spoke too soon last week. On Friday, I cried over a cheesesteak. Let's leave it at that.  

Total Weight Gain/Loss: +4.5 lbs.

Maternity clothes: Not yet, but I did use my belly band and it was awesome.    

Sleep: Not bad. Still having some hip pain so I roll over a lot, but I have no trouble falling asleep again.

Best moment of the week: Hearing that Baby BOY looks healthy!

Movement: Yes! I started feeling some tickling and light tapping this week. One day he went wild and I felt some stronger kicks, but now it's back to the tickling feeling again.

Food cravings/aversions:  Lucky Charms are the greatest thing ever. Seth and I need to have a talk about why it's not okay to finish the box without warning me. Eggs are still gross.

Sex: BOY

Labor signs: Nope.

What I miss: Nothing really.

What I am looking forward to: Setting up the nursery! We ordered a new area rug and curtains this week. Hopefully I like the colors.

Milestones: Having a "normal" anatomy scan and finding out the sex were pretty big deals this week :)

Showing yet: Yes, sort of. Sometimes it doesn't look very bumpish in clothes, but other times it's more obvious.   

5 comments:

  1. I love the koalas!! Also I'm not sure if I've squeed yet about your little BOY!! I'm so excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a boy and an excellent anatomy scan :-) I had to laugh reading this too, because today I actually ate the 2 foods you mentioned: lucky charms and eggs! No aversion for me yet.
    Love to you and your little mango!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AW, koala slippers! SO adorable! I'm laughing a little bit over the fact that you cried over a cheesesteak, but I totally get it. I've cried over smaller things while pregnant. I hope I still look as great as you do at 19 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little koalas definitely ARE necessary! I love this post so much!! And yay for feeling baby boy, that must be so amazing, I can't wait!! And you look so good, lady!!! Love to you and your mango! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. 19 weeks! AH! I love it. Ummmm, I totally agree on the Lucky Charms, and my husband also had to learn the hard way (i.e., going out at 9pm to buy a new box) that it is not okay to finish the last of the box and not replace them. Eggs are still gross for me too. I love the Koala accessories! So much cuteness! You still look fabulous, as usual. Sending you lots of love!

    ReplyDelete